- Books in the main collection are loaned for 30 days
- SCI materials for one week
- Periodicals are loaned to MIU community patrons only, for a period of one week. The most current periodicals do not circulate.
Avoid fines; 20c per day for all overdues. Please return or renew books before due date:
- DVDs: 7 day checkout, no renewal, no exceptions.
- Books: Items in the main collection: 30 days; SCI materials for one week.
- Periodicals are loaned to MIU patrons only, for a period of one week. The most current periodicals do not circulate.
Replacement Costs: $15.00 processing fee, plus cost of item.
- You can use the online book catalog to reserve a book that is checked out to another patron, so that it can be held for you when it is returned.
- You will be notified on return, and you should come in and get the book promptly at that time.
- Interlibrary Loan is free to students and faculty researching material or preparing classes.
- Request that the library purchases the book. Yellow request forms are available at the circulation desk.
- Online forms: Look in left bar for Interlibrary Loan on the library home page for links to the forms
- Non-academic fee: $8.00 per item. Please contact the public library for personal books and interlibrary loans.
- You may renew your books (not movies) as long as another patron has not put a “hold” on it.
- In person: but it is not necessary to bring the books in.
- By email: Send your name and student ID to email@example.com
- By phone: Call 472-1154 during library hours.
- Online: For access, go to the MIU online catalog. When the search screen appears, click on “My Account”, and enter your student ID both for user name and password. Call the circulation desk if assistance needed.
- 5c a page for b/w.
- 15c per page for color
- Scans are free
Additional Scanners and Adobe Creative Cloud Software are available in the Media and reference room.
Copyright Notice: Materials copied on equipment supplied by Maharishi International University Library may be copyright protected under US Code. Please see our display on copyright next to copiers. Maharishi International University requires that individuals copy only in a legal and ethical manner.
Our 25PCs in the library have MS Office and are connected to the internet and Toshiba Network Printer.
Library wi-fi is called Libnet and the password is net-library.
Go to the tape library door next to the circulation desk, pull the string to the bell, and wait. The hours are:
- 10-11:45 AM and 1:15-3:15 PM
- 8:05-9:00 PM except Friday
- Closed Sunday afternoons
Prearranged tape: contact Richard Wolfson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call x4045
See our list of movies in DVD and VHS format, including new arrivals.
Follow http://www.mumlibrary.com for articles and events.
Add “mum library” as a friend to receive notices of special events.
Librarian with library degree available for:
- individual consultation in helping with databases, finding reference books and other resources, structuring presentations
- group presentations
- requests for more materials
Contact: email@example.com, 641-472-7000 x3733
- Public restrooms also for special needs are on the floor. The ones in the basement can also be usedT: exit through the west foyer of the Library and the stairs on the left. The restrooms will be on the right.